The avocado, a dark green pitted fruit, is typically known for having a high fat content. However, the fruit is very healthy for you. Below are some amazing benefits you give your body when you eat this superfruit.
Seven reasons why avocados should be part of our daily meals
(1) Avocados are high in easily assimilated plant protein. All the amino acids are set for your metabolism to assemble into complete proteins. This takes a load off your pancreas from wasting cancer cell fighting proteolytic enzymes for breaking down meat proteins.
(2) Okay meat eaters, GreenMedInfo summarized a study that showed eating hamburgers with a slice of avocado limited triglyceride serum level increases. Most knowledgeable cardiologists consider triglyceride serum levels as stronger markers for potential heart disease and inflammation than LDL cholesterol.
(3) Avocados are high in natural vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent cancer. Synthetic vitamin E can be toxic.
(4) Avocados help the liver manufacture glutathione, considered the master antioxidant by all health experts. Glutathione actually refreshes and recycles spent antioxidants from other sources.
The master mineral magnesium, involved with over 300 metabolic processes, is also abundant. Two masters in one tasty food. Pretty good!
(5) Reduce breast cancer risk with avocados high lutein, vitamin E, and high content monounsaturated oleic fatty acid. This has been validated by studies. So ladies, quit counting calories so much and eat more avocados.
(6) Improve heart health for promoting better blood flow and lowering blood pressure by consuming avocados. Again, this is due to their abundant oleic acid content.
(7) Improve brain function and stave dementia by consuming avocados. Avocados are a close second to blueberries for promoting brain health, according to Dr. Steven Pratt, author of Superfoods Rx: Fourteen Foods Proven to Change Your Life.
Squeeze the avocado to see if it is ripe. When slightly soft, it is ready to eat.
Photo Credit: Muffet